Friday, May 21, 2010

took a bite...


I'm back from the big Apple... not in spirit... yet, but physically, I'm back.
I feel like a witness of an accident - 'It all happened so fast... I was running around in Javits Center... and here I am, back home ...looking through photos and freshly made memories'...
I'll share more soon, but for now, here is some new (freshly obtained) wisdom (I've gathered in NY):
• Cab drivers are crazy.
• Only take yellow cabs in Manhattan... the others aren't trustworthy.
• Wash your dark blue jeans before wearing them... or everything will turn blue (shoes, purse, clothes...).
• Artists make awesome friends!
• Heels are the enemy of trade shows.
• Reservations could be lost and flights cancelled.

14 comments:

hatjunkie said...

NY can be the a pretty overwhelming place. Lots of life lessons seem to be learned in a short time. Love those apples

Jane Wilson said...

I have bruises and blisters on my feet from walking around NYC and Javits!

Love the apples!

jill said...

I love those apples ... so much!! Never been to NYC ... but it's on my list of things to do!!

Unknown said...

I was there too! I had a great time!

I am a big fan of your work!

Carolyn Gavin said...

miss you much...!! too much!! xos
C

Sharon draws said...

cute little apple faces.

Melody said...

I follow a link on "we heart it" and I discovery your blog.

Amazing work! It's really cute !

As I come from belgium I have to say

"j'adore !"

cornel said...

Sounds like such an adventure. I love the friendly apples illustration.

El caimán de Legutiano said...

Super! great jobs!

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm an easterner at heart even though I live in the west. New York is a great place but I wouldn't want to live there. Love your apple fabric.

Anonymous said...

I lived there for a little over five years, totally agree. Miss going to Print Source and Surtex -- all of those fun shows. Your illustration style is awesome, very inspiring!

Cat Sitter in the City said...

Glad you got to spend some time in NYC. Hope it was a fun and productive trip. I love the top image with this post!

Anonymous said...

Oh Helen! I loved meeting you too :) after all this time! haha. Next time we will have to go shopping and have a few cocktails together. Your artworks are so wonderful xxx

ivy said...

love the apple illustration! huge fan of yours!
question for you....do you have something for your fans use if they want your super fun illustrations as a background for their blog? i would SO love to have your work as a part of my blog.